Host an Event
NACUBO welcomes and encourages networking throughout the 2019 annual meeting. Conference attendees have the option of hosting social gatherings or meetings in NACUBO contracted space during the conference. Events have ranged from daily team meetings, half-day retreats/workshops and affinity group cocktail hours.
All space requests are due May 17, 2019, requests submitted after May 17 will not be accepted.
Full conference attendees have the option of hosting social gatherings or meetings in NACUBO contracted space during the conference.
Events have ranged from mid-day round-up with team members to evening cocktails for like institution/association members.Meeting Space Request Form
You must complete the appropriate Meeting Space Request form above to reserve space at the JW Marriott or Austin Convention Center. Space is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Upon approval of your request, NACUBO will secure appropriate space and provide confirmation to you and the facility. You will then be put in direct contact with the facility to finalize all details and billing arrangements.
Host hotels and facilities will forward inquiries/expressed interest to NACUBO prior to contracting corporate events/meetings.
Requests may not be made directly to the JW Marriott, or the Austin Convention Center.
Qualifications to Reserve a Meeting Space
- Organizations must be a 2019 annual meeting sponsor or exhibitor to host an event for conference attendees and clients.
- Space requests must be made using the meeting space request form.
- Organizers of all non-official events that are held around the 2019 annual meeting are required to inform Laura McFarland, Senior Director of Business Development, in writing of the intended date and time of event at least 30 days prior to the event. If these scheduled times do not fall into NACUBO guidelines, the organizer will be notified to change their times/dates accordingly.
- During official Annual Meeting functions, no organization can schedule functions that conflict or overlap with official and published meeting and event times.
Optimal Times to Schedule an Evening Event
Saturday, July 13
2:00 pm-6:00 pm
Sunday, July 14
after 6:00 pm
Monday, July 15
after 5:00 pm
- Meeting Space Request Forms due by May 17, 2019
- Space allocations will be determined by June 16, 2019
- An email sent to the main contact by June 21, 2019