Dr. Gates is the Vice President for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management at Utica College. Since joining Utica in the fall of 2013 the College has seen a dramatic increase in enrollment planning and analysis. Some achievements include:• Co- Architect of the tuition reset; A Bold Move for Tomorrow. Including research, pricing models, marketing plan and overall analysis, training and roll-out. Which has led to the largest freshman and transfer application pool for the Fall of 2016 incoming class exceeding enrollment goals.
• Increased diversity of Undergraduate Admissions team from 0 to 4 staff from diverse backgrounds.
• Fall 2015 class - Increased applications 40% and enrolled the largest freshman class in College history of 645 freshman from 471 the prior year (+37%).
• Increased SAT CR and Math total by 49 points over two years while also increasing the number of students in the top 20% of their high school class by 14%.
• Best overall retention rate in 15 years and best ever Freshman Fall to Spring retention for Fall 2015 cohort of 90%.
• Increased net tuition revenue by 9% for the freshman class entering Fall 2016.
• Created the first Strategic Enrollment Management Plan in 2013 for Utica College.
• Integrated the Enrollment and Student Affairs divisions at Utica into one cohesive unit and working to enhance the student experience and increase retention and graduation.
Dr. Gates holds a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Bryant College, a Master's Degree in Social Science from Binghamton University and a Doctorate in Law and Policy from Northeastern University.